Talk

Advanced search

Best alternative to Cowbridge Comp - Brynteg or Llantwit?

(2 Posts)
ValeofGlamMum Thu 15-Aug-19 13:36:21

Hi, I wasn’t sure whether to post this here or on the local boards, but thought I would probably get a better response here, so here it goes.

DD is starting Y6 in September and our catchment school is Cowbridge. However they have removed the feeder school element from the admission criteria, and I think we are in the furthest village from the school - so with it being a oversubscribed school, I’m afraid she might not get in.

What I am looking for is opinions on the alternatives, or suggestions that I might not have considered. Our closest secondary school is Brynteg, and our closest Vale school is Llantwit. Does anyone know any of them and could give me their opinions please? Or maybe suggest alternatives? Is St Clare's in Porthcawl worth considering?

Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
WYP2018 Fri 16-Aug-19 15:26:22

I know Brynteg has a good reputation. Porthcawl comp is also popular (although think you’d have to be in catchment). My sister has worked in both and regards them highly.
In the other direction is Y pant, it has a brand new building and rated as excellent by Estyn. Again the catchment is an issue though!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in