Talk

Advanced search

Chertsey high school or Hoe Valley

(16 Posts)
Sid76 Fri 02-Aug-19 08:21:08

Hi,
Anyone had experience with either of these schools and what are your thoughts? Looking to move to either Chertsey or Woking.
Thank you

OP’s posts: |
GU24Mum Fri 02-Aug-19 08:31:42

Hello, do you only want to look at new schools as there are lots of other options in Woking too. HV's first cohort goes into Y11 in September and I think CHS is even newer so it's hard to have external info on them.

Sid76 Fri 02-Aug-19 08:54:05

Hi GU24mum, thank you for your message. We can look at others schools too? Any others you can recommend?

JoJoSM2 Fri 02-Aug-19 09:07:04

www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/find-a-school-in-england

That’s the government website where you can find a list of schools in a particular area + a lot of stats.

FamilyOfAliens Fri 02-Aug-19 09:12:59

I work in a primary school where almost
all the yr6 children go on to CHS.

Go and visit, and try not to be swayed by the swanky new building that’s opening in September!

I would choose Woking because it has a bigger choice of schools and way better transport links, both to London and beyond, and within Woking.

suitcaseofdreams Fri 02-Aug-19 20:27:36

Note that you will probably have to live very close to Hoe Valley to be sure of a place....

suitcaseofdreams Fri 02-Aug-19 20:28:20

PS should add friends with children there are very happy with the school thus far...

cece Fri 02-Aug-19 20:38:42

I'd go for Woking as it has better choice of schools, better train links and better shopping .

CraftyGin Fri 02-Aug-19 20:51:53

I can’t fathom how you would pitch these schools against one another.

Sid76 Sat 03-Aug-19 08:30:38

Thanks for the feedback.
What about Woking High? It's seems to be doing very well? Any experience of this anyone?

MollyButton Sat 03-Aug-19 09:51:46

My DD attended Woking College - and has generally good things to say about Woking High from the other students there. (The only negative I know is they are not always as inclusive of SN as they might be, but do have a great SENCO if you need a EHCP).
Hoe Valley is new, but very popular - as a Free school it actually fills an existing pressing need for a new school.

I'd go for Woking because of the transport links etc.

Foxyloxy1plus1 Sat 03-Aug-19 17:01:39

Woking High
Winston Churchill
Jubilee High
Salesian

They’re in Woking, Chertsey, Addlestone areas

Tomlinscote
Collingwood College
King’s International (I think)

These are state schools in the Camberley area.

Mumtofourandnomore Tue 06-Aug-19 09:59:42

I don’t know about CHS but I don’t think HV would be my school of choice - hard to know without seeing actual results etc but the head has now left and I’ve heard poor feedback despite the nice facilities. I’d probably go for something more established, Woking High, Salesian (think this is a catholic school), Tomlinscote (different area though), or I’d actually chose Winston over HV but others might disagree. Guildford also has good transport links and nice schools if you live in the right area.

GU24Mum Tue 06-Aug-19 10:23:54

I think the HV head is on mat leave rather than having left but otherwise I'd agree with the PP.

cece Wed 14-Aug-19 18:06:46

My ds goes to whs. I like it and so does he.

Oblomov19 Fri 16-Aug-19 12:48:39

Unlike our last thread, I agree with Crafty and can't see how you could possibly compare.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in