Talk

Advanced search

Kingswood School, Bath

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

mamaMellie Sat 29-Jun-19 11:13:30

Hello - I'm interested in hearing from anyone with children at Kingswood School in Bath, or knows about the school. I can't work out if it is selective or not - the entrance assessments seem comprehensive? Also I'd love to hear about the culture/pastoral care. Positive / negatives? The only thread on the school is from 2011. If anyone has a more undated perspective, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Jul-19 13:08:47

Hello OP! We're just nipping onto your thread and bumping it in the hope that folk who know the school will be able to offer their thoughts.

smile

TheStirrer Sun 07-Jul-19 08:35:42

Daughter just left Kingswood (year 11) and son going into year 10.
The school is selective but not overly so as they are also looking for students who will actively contribute to school life. The school really suits children who like to be busy. Sport is big but they also cater for those who like music and creative subjects. School day is long 8.15 - 5.30 as they encourage school clubs and mixing with boarders in houses. In year 7&8 students are expected to join 4 clubs. It is not the most academic school in Bath (KES is) but still does well particularly for GCSEs and I think it produces well rounded students.
Pastorally it has been good for both of my kids - both joined in year 7 from state school and settled well. Tutors approachable if problems.
Please feel free to ask any more questions.

TessaA Tue 01-Dec-20 19:10:29

Hi - I know this thread was a while back! I’m looking also ... have two sporty boys... one is v dyslexic. Does the school have a good special Ed support for dyslexics? Thank you for your help.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in