Talk

Advanced search

Charters School Sunningdale

(6 Posts)
PatDuffy Fri 21-Jun-19 12:22:36

We've got a place at Charters - I was just wondering what the current situation is there. I remember reading about lack of funding, teachers not being replaced, and closed early on Fridays due to finances? Parents buying chemistry lab equipment to help support the school.

Anyone out there with kids at Charters who can offer their insight into the school either about this or anything else which comes to mind? Thanks.

BubblesBuddy Fri 21-Jun-19 12:38:02

My friend used to teach there and loved it! The school is still doing very well if you look at the 2018 data on the govt web site. I’ve no detailed every day info but I know it’s popular and what school doesn’t have financial constraints these days? They still seem to be an excellent school but haven’t been inspected for 10 years! Unless the other schools you might get into a substantially better, I wouldn’t turn it down. Did you go to open days and ask questions? Don’t you know anyone who has a DC there? Ask them.

GU24Mum Fri 21-Jun-19 15:53:24

We've got friends there who are really pleased with it. I suspect that every school has funding issues at the moment.........

We were tempted at one point to get my parents (who live down the road from it) to adopt the children so they could go there!

Will you be driving? Just for logistics, do you know that there are major roadworks planned all down the A330 for months in order to put an electricity supply into the new development at Longcross?!

PatDuffy Fri 21-Jun-19 16:58:17

Thanks for the replies.

I've seen the gov data for the school and it's very impressive - I wanted them to go their since they were in year 2 but heard some horror stories as always seem to get thrown around.

I'm caring for the kids, away from their horrific biological parents - they don't have any serious problems at the moment, confidence etc, but slighty concerned what might come out in the next few years. Does anyone have experience of the pastoral care at Charters?

PatDuffy Fri 21-Jun-19 18:57:46

Ach, what am I doing?!

Last second worries about pulling them out of their confirmed school for Charters - I must be mad. Thanks for the replies!

NaturevNuture Sat 11-Jan-20 18:28:12

Hi PatDuffy - just curious, how's it going?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »