Advanced search

Already worried about secondary school place due to circumstances

(5 Posts)
Nikkinkaci Fri 19-Apr-19 08:43:41


Any information would be great as i cant stop worrying and i dont have to apply until september..

So the situation is i left my partner back in janurary , am currently on the council list as i went to my dads and were overcrowded ( im looking next jan at earliest to even be considered for a property. Due to tension i am currently living with a friend atm as my dad had enough , so when i have to apply for my daughters secondary school place where do i apply from as im on no council tax bill as no permanent home and use my dads address for corespondence, also the area my dad lives in is not near where i will eventually get a place, whereas my friends is that little bit closer but i have no proof of anything apart from my corespondence address the last thing i want is to do the whole process wrong when it comes to applying

OP’s posts: |
OpalTree Fri 19-Apr-19 11:31:40

Apply from where you are living when you apply and use their council tax number. (You have to add that number to the application) If they query it you could explain. Or phone and ask their advice

PanelChair Tue 23-Apr-19 13:09:32

Do you receive child benefit? For many local authorities, the qualifying address is the one where child benefit is paid. If not, it tends to be the address where the child most often sleeps on school nights. So it might be that the local authority will regard your friend’s home as your address (assuming you stay there) but this is something you need to check carefully.

nonicknameseemsavailable Tue 23-Apr-19 21:56:58

I would email them to ask for advice and then you have their reply in writing. Covering yourself in case queried in the future

Nikkinkaci Mon 29-Apr-19 10:05:07

Thanks for the reply, i have been offline so unable to get on until now... i do recieve child benefit its registered at my dads as thats what iv used for my correspondence address and i have got my post redirected for now (i was living with my dad but the kids have been too much)

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in