Talk

Advanced search

Boarding school waiting lists 2019

(3 Posts)
Tulip63 Fri 15-Mar-19 12:14:49

Hi, anyone out there know if any movement has started happening with waiting lists for September year 9 entry ? We are on the waiting list for Charterhouse and Wellington after making late applications. Trying to be patient 🤞

OP’s posts: |
happygardening Fri 15-Mar-19 20:16:35

Have you contact the admissions dept for both school and asked them what the chances are of your DS getting a place? How late can you leave it? Could you accept a place at the last minute e.g even as late as August or even the 1st week of the autumn term? If you can I’d make sure the admissions dept of both schools are aware of this.
Secondly I think by the end of this term parents have to confirm which is their first choice school that they want their child’s CE exam papers too. There might be some movement, although most parents have already stumped up a considerable deposit by now.
Hopefully someone whose DC is currently at prep will come along and confirm the timing for you.

Michaelahpurple Mon 18-Mar-19 11:49:36

I think the last wave of “normal” last minute decisions are now, given the need to commit as to which school is to mark CE. Thereafter you are just looking at more unusual drops, which still happen of course.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in