Talk

Advanced search

new form of bullying???

(6 Posts)
deborahwatson65 Wed 13-Mar-19 17:52:22

hello everyone
my who son whose 12 has been coming to me for a while about being bullied by people at his school
but this isn't regular bullying . this started ever since he got a new haircut recently and the teacher said he had nice hair everyone keeps saying how nice his hair looks, but it didnt stop there. it has gotten worse they now say he is the most perfect person and keep asking him if they can do anything for him like give him sweets or do his homework for him. he was always a popular boy in primary school and everyone seems to like him at secondary school, but they keep teasing him by saying they really like him and that he looks really cool. this really annoys my son because they do it all the time but i don't know what we can do about it because it would be hard to prove that it counts as bullying because they don't ever do anything physical or say anything mean. what should i do ? sad

OP’s posts: |
Bunnybigears Wed 13-Mar-19 17:53:57

Are they saying it sarcastically? Or does the attention just make him uncomfortable?

deborahwatson65 Wed 13-Mar-19 17:58:05

i think it's mostly the attention but he says that they are saying it all sarcstically especially the doing his homework stuff

OP’s posts: |
Bunnybigears Wed 13-Mar-19 18:39:25

Then it is saying mean things and it is bullying so I would deal with it the same way you would deal with it if they were calling him names etc.

cauliflowersqueeze Thu 14-Mar-19 20:52:14

It needs to be sorted. Ring his head of Year and explain what is going on. Sarcastic comments are every bit as nasty as horrible comments - in fact dressed up as “nice” comments they are even more snide and unpleasant.

Walkingdeadfangirl Fri 15-Mar-19 01:31:54

Not new though, teachers pet has always been a thing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in