Talk

Advanced search

Travel from Barnes/Putney to Streatham & Clapham/Epsom College??

(4 Posts)
StellaRae Mon 11-Mar-19 10:34:05

Hello - I'm narrowing down a list of schools to visit. I'm looking a little further afield as we may be moving house in the next few years (but not until DD has started secondary school in Sep 2020).

Does anyone have any experience of travel from Barnes/Putney to Streatham & Clapham HS or Epsom College?

Both journeys look pretty dreadful, but just wondering if anyone has any experience of them before I rule them out?

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
sw19007 Mon 11-Mar-19 10:43:23

Definitely know people in Putney who go to Epsom- they all get the school bus. I don't think the actual journey time is that long but they have a really long day so the coaches don't get back until very late.
Afraid I don't know anyone who travels to S&CH from the area- not a usual choice given all the other GDST and other all girls schools around.

StellaRae Mon 11-Mar-19 10:52:24

Thanks sw19007

I'm guessing the same for Sutton HS? The minibus route starts at Southfields, which wouldn't quite work.

OP’s posts: |
sw19007 Mon 11-Mar-19 10:56:24

I know a couple of girls who go to Sutton High but far more who go to Surbiton as well as Putney and Wimbledon and all the others!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in