Talk

Advanced search

Sixth Form in South West London

(6 Posts)
SarahLeeT Mon 25-Feb-19 16:45:30

Hi, I am working in London full time and looking to relocate my daughter from Dorset to be with me. We are looking at the areas of Richmond and Chiswick as its easy to get back South, does anyone have any recommendations on Sixth Forms in the area?
Thanks for any help!

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 25-Feb-19 17:05:26

my friend's daughter went to southfields academy, which is outside of chiswick but (i think) closer to south london.

cakeisalwaystheanswer Mon 25-Feb-19 18:08:28

I have attached the govt league tables for Richmond so you can compare schools. You can switch it to look at other boroughs as well, Chiswick is Hounslow.

The 6th form college in Richmond in predominately BTEC if that is what you want. But there are commutable 6th form colleges in Kingston and also Esher College is very popular and lots travel from Richmond to go there.

Your problem will be that you have missed deadlines for the most popular 6th forms. So Waldegrave may look great on paper but probably isn't a realistic option. But Grey Court may be a good option because its quite a new 6th form and they take a while to establish themselves as most pupils have always expected to leave and have already worked out where to go to.

There's not a great choice in Richmond because until recently schools weren't allowed to have 6th forms. If you post on the local MN board for the area you will get excellent advice from parents who have championed the opening of new schools in the area. Alternatively, look at Kingston, there's more 6th forms there.

www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/schools-by-type?step=default&table=schools®ion=318&la-name=richmond-upon-thames&la-name=richmond-upon-thames&geographic=la&for=16to18&basedon=Overall+performance&show=All+pupils&datasetfilter=provisional&searchtype=&orderby=ks5.0.TALLPPE_ALEV_1618&orderdir=asc&datatype=integer&sortpolicy=inversepolicy

SarahLeeT Thu 28-Feb-19 12:36:54

Thanks so much for your advice

OP’s posts: |
lovekew Sat 02-Mar-19 16:02:43

Just checking if you are thinking of considering any indies - if so Radnor House in Twickenham has a sixth form event on 5th March - easy to get to from Richmond. - good A Levels results last Year 100% pass rate and ranked in top 5% schools nationally for value added at A Level. my DC is in Sixth Form there - coed with really small class sizes, great comms and lovely pastoral feel too. Might be worth a look... PM if you want any insider infosmile

Mary19 Sat 02-Mar-19 18:08:41

If you move to Richmond Borough. Orleans Sixthform and Greycourt are definitely worth a look if you want a school sixth form. Waldegrave is probably full especially for girls. There is Richmond college if you are thinking btecs. A bit of a mixed reputation but I have known kids doing well there.Some also go to strodes and Esher. The sixthform at Christ’s is very small and Richard Reynolds is new so no results yet. Depends where you are . The Green School is a girls school with a coed sixthform commutable from Chiswick, Twickenham. There is also West Thames for betcs .It might be worth taking a look at UCAS track to see what courses are on offer.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in