Talk

Advanced search

Any advice for SPGS interviews please?

(8 Posts)
mojitwo Sat 19-Jan-19 14:38:16

Hi I hope nobody minds me asking this, but does anyone know the format for the interview at SPGS - eg. are there academic questions or anything to prepare for? Is it more of a general chat? Any info would be greatly received. Thankyou!

OP’s posts: |
Glaciferous Sat 19-Jan-19 15:27:56

It won't be academic questions, more of a general chat. They might ask things like what does your daughter like or not like about school. DD ended up talking about religion and how she would persuade a religious person to question their faith. They show them a picture and ask them about it. DD thoroughly enjoyed hers.

KingscoteStaff Sat 19-Jan-19 17:03:30

I think it is an attempt to divide the coached from the genuinely exceptional. It is intended to give the girls a real chance to show their spark. Both the girls from my class last year really came out buzzing - my fingers are crossed for my 3 next Wednesday!

mojitwo Sat 19-Jan-19 18:10:25

Thanks Glaciferous and Kingscote. DD has not been coached by tutors at all, but she is in a prep geared to 11 plus. Good to know it’s nothing specific. I guess just be yourself?

Glaciferous Sat 19-Jan-19 21:58:42

Yes, just tell her to be herself! And not to be shy because they really do want to know about her.

mojitwo Mon 21-Jan-19 09:28:24

Thanks again Glaciferous. Would you have any idea how many girls are interviewed In relation to the number of places available? Just trying to work out the odds!

Glaciferous Mon 21-Jan-19 15:18:08

I am not sure if this is true or not, but I have heard it said that the odds are around 1 in 2 at that stage. They take 100 girls give or take a few so will be interviewing a couple of hundred. I don't know how many offers they make.

lanalon Tue 22-Jan-19 11:10:29

1:2

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in