Talk

Advanced search

Secondary chemistry textbooks

(5 Posts)
niceberg Fri 18-Jan-19 18:16:31

Can anyone advise if there are national set chemistry textbooks (or other science books) for secondary schools?

Or if not ‘set’ texts, are there texts that are recommended and/or generally accepted as the best options by schools?

I ask on behalf of someone working in the overhaul of science teaching in Croatia.

Additionally, how could my friend best make contact with people in the Uk who would be interested in discussing issues in science education? (Primary and/secondary).
Thank you for any advice!

OP’s posts: |
ShalomJackie Fri 18-Jan-19 18:35:56

There will be text books depending on which exam board syllabus you are following.

Frlrlrubert Fri 18-Jan-19 19:03:56

Exam boards differ, e.g we have 'OCR Chemistry for GSCE Gateway' (something like that anyway) textbooks.

At KS3 different schools follow different schemes, Activate Science is quite popular.

There's an online service called Kerboodle where you can pay for access to specific texts and resources for most uk exam boards/schemes, I don't know if they operate overseas though.

niceberg Fri 18-Jan-19 20:10:59

Thanks very much for advice so far!

OP’s posts: |
Chemicalrainbow Sat 19-Jan-19 22:49:37

For generic secondary science textbooks the Biology/Chemistry/Physics For You series are a well liked and good quality.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in