Talk

Advanced search

How to revise for maths gcse?

(6 Posts)
Penelop3 Wed 05-Dec-18 19:03:48

Dd has a calculator mock tomorrow and wants to revise but doesn’t know how- doesn’t have the energy to do a past paper after a full day of mocks. She is naturally good at it, hence the night before revision but she just wants to do a bit for confidence tomorrow. Any tips?

OP’s posts: |
Jeffacake Wed 05-Dec-18 19:04:52

Look at the website Corbet maths. It had a quick video for each topic then a few questions to try.

MsAwesomeDragon Wed 05-Dec-18 19:10:23

I was just about to suggest Corbett maths too. I love that they have a video explaining a concept then a set of questions to answer.
If she googles "Corbett maths paper 2 and 3" they have a selection of questions that are likely to appear on papers 2 and 3. Generally linked to a specific year, but if she just picks 2018 for her exam board she'll get a reasonable selection even if that's not the paper school have chosen to use.

She could possibly write herself a list of the formulae she needs to remember so she can look at those just before she goes in tomorrow.

Realistically, like I keep telling my y11, the only way to learn maths is to do maths. Just reading notes etc is nowhere near as useful as answering questions for herself.

noblegiraffe Wed 05-Dec-18 19:35:37

Revision mats are good for a quick bit of revision: www.piximaths.co.uk/revision-mats

Dermymc Wed 05-Dec-18 19:48:54

Actually do maths.
Corbettmaths is fab. For the future has the school bought in any resources or websites? Pixl maths, mathswatch, mymaths etc?

MsAwesomeDragon Wed 05-Dec-18 20:05:16

I like those revision mats noble. I've not seen them before but we might well do one of them in Friday's lesson now I've seen them. Thanks.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in