Talk

Advanced search

Sherburn or Tadcaster?

(6 Posts)
Jaynepg Mon 05-Nov-18 11:29:11

Hi, I'm moving to South Milford shortly, and have a 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter. I'd really appreciate some feedback on the above schools. Both kids will be fine academically, but I need a school that will offer them emotional support and help them make new friends. Any advice e would be welcomed.

OP’s posts: |
Rosieposy4 Mon 05-Nov-18 19:51:55

Literally no contest whatever. Tadcaster.
Aspirations and achievement at Sherburn have been poor for at least the last 30 years, the behaviour is also not great.

RedHelenB Tue 06-Nov-18 16:13:03

Go and look at both. Other I aren't sure perceptions of schools their children don't attend can be massively skewed!

Jaynepg Tue 06-Nov-18 16:25:50

I'm trying to make appointments to see both, but cant get a response from Tadcaster. Its hard to know whether to go for the closest where it may be easier to make new friends, or whether to go for the one with the perceived better reputation.

OP’s posts: |
RedHelenB Tue 06-Nov-18 17:40:00

Personally I would go closest. Worse case scenario you move them further if they're unhappy.

physicskate Sat 10-Nov-18 12:25:17

Tad is generally over-subscribed. Not sure about Sherburn. Sherburn has had a couple of very very large housing developments built, so population has increased by roughly a quarter in the last two years.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in