Talk

Advanced search

KEHS Birmingham

(6 Posts)
1Brummiemummy Tue 23-Oct-18 13:44:30

Hi local netmums smile
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything in relation to the 11+ entrance test RE King Edwards High School for girls (Independent). Anyone been called for scholarships, Assisted Places, Interviews? I know letters with offers aren't sent until beg December but just curious to hear. TIA

OP’s posts: |
Frogletmamma Wed 24-Oct-18 09:14:17

Hello, yes DD got an AP this year. Our income is low and I was called in for interview. The burser seemed satisfied we could make the payments of AP. We got offered AP 2 1/2 months later. I know she was the last kid to get in as her name was written on class register in biro. It is a brilliant school and we are so glad. She is loving it!

1Brummiemummy Wed 24-Oct-18 09:38:01

Frogletmamma that's great your DD got in. I've heard of people being offered a place without interview but to be honest I'd rather just have one. So it was just you and not your daughter they called in? Was it purely to look at your finances and proofs? I'd be delighted if my dd was awarded a place. She had no tution & I know competition is fierce!

Frogletmamma Wed 24-Oct-18 12:36:05

Yes the interview was just me. It was all about finances for about 1/2 hour then 5 minutes chat about DD. DD didn't have tutor but I did the Bond books with her for the KE Grammars. The exam seemed way more about being creative and expressing yourself than the standard 11+. Good luck!

1Brummiemummy Fri 04-Jan-19 16:39:23

Frogletmamma was you previously turned down to begin with for the bursary or did they offer it you 2 half months down the line as procedure?

Frogletmamma Fri 04-Jan-19 18:49:55

No sorry they told us we were on a waiting list

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in