Talk

Advanced search

Yearly planning

(4 Posts)
hmmwhatatodo Tue 23-Oct-18 09:58:43

Hello, just wondered if your schools put copies of their plan for each subject on their website? I’m trying to find out what the plan is for English this year but all I see is something from previous years and I know it now doesn’t stand due to what my child has been doing so far this year. Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
RedSkyLastNight Tue 23-Oct-18 10:35:07

DC's school has very general plans on their website (a 2 line description of the main topics each year group study in each subject) but I don't think they've ever (for years) been updated so not sure how accurate they are.

I'm sure if your child asked their teacher would tell them the topics they will be covering this year.

ShalomJackie Tue 23-Oct-18 19:24:48

Ours hands out a curriculum booklet for all subjects at the parents evening and after that point it usually appears on the website. As you say some syllabuses change from year yo year either by spec or by choice of teacher so the office staff are probably waiting for each department to submit theirs before they update to this year's.

hmmwhatatodo Tue 23-Oct-18 19:39:24

Hi, yes, it’s possibly just waiting to be updated. I’ll have a go at emailing to ask, might get a reply but probably won’t based on past experience! Not sure I’ve ever seen a curriculum booklet and parents evening isn’t until well after the new year. Thanks for replying.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in