Talk

Advanced search

Dyslexia maths tutor BRISTOL

(5 Posts)
anydaynow Mon 24-Sep-18 19:56:41

Hello... does anyone know the best way of going about choosing a tutor? My son has just started year 10. At the end of last year he finally had a full dyslexia test which should that he does show signs of dyslexia with slow processing and discalcualia. He's fairly intelligent so has manage to stay fairly under the radar but he does struggle with maths and has actually asked for help. I think someone with a knowledge of dyslexia would be more helpful but I don't know where to start. Would rather go with a recommendation and if someone could just break it to me gently how much it's likely to cost... grin

OP’s posts: |
tutorwho Mon 24-Sep-18 19:59:20

I am sure fellow tutors will comment but it is worth looking at First Tutors/Tutor Hunt to get an idea of cost.

Motorcyclemptiness Mon 24-Sep-18 20:45:20

Hi OP I would suggest you try this website (I have a dyslexic DC and am not a
Tutor myself, BTW). This will help you find a local tutor who is trained to work with SPLD. www.patoss-dyslexia.org/ good luck to you and your DS smile

catslife Tue 25-Sep-18 09:58:54

Try contacting the Bristol dyslexia centre. This is based in Clifton and provides support and after school tutoring.

anydaynow Tue 25-Sep-18 20:36:49

Thanks for these. I've looked at both the websites mentioned and think they'll be helpful. Thank you! smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in