Talk

Advanced search

Need Constructive/Corrective Critisism from a GCSE 9-1 Sciences Teacher or Dabbler/Scholar in GCSE 9-1 Sci Curriculum Layout (AQA)

(2 Posts)
user1497126393 Tue 18-Sep-18 22:45:38

I would just like to ask, based on the numerous articles read and a friend who works in school; apparently around 33% of the schools in England make students as early as year 9 study their GCSE 9-1 Science modules in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

So my question is- How would this work structurally and strategically?
Would year 9 students for example learn: Module 1 for Biology and Physics and Modules 1 and 2 for Chemistry GCSE?

I guessed this strategy because based on AQA (in TOTAL): Bio= 7 modules, Physics=8 modules and Chemistry = a whopping 10 modules and that would make sense.

So then I think year 10 and 11 will split 6 modules (3+3 modules) Bio
7 modules split in two for Physics (3.5+3.5) and 8 modules (4+4 modules) Chemistry?

.....just to have the correct foundation of knowledge and delivering strategy for this would help me greatly.

Please let me know if I am right or am wrong and if there are errors here tell me.

OP’s posts: |
user1497126393 Tue 18-Sep-18 22:47:39

I would just like to ask, based on the numerous articles read and a friend who works in school; apparently around 33% of the schools in England make students as early as year 9 study their GCSE 9-1 Science modules in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.

So my question is- How would this work structurally and strategically?
Would year 9 students for example learn: Module 1 for Biology and Physics and Modules 1 and 2 for Chemistry GCSE?

I guessed this strategy because based on AQA (in TOTAL): Bio= 7 modules, Physics=8 modules and Chemistry = a whopping 10 modules and that would make sense.

So then I think year 10 and 11 will split 6 modules (3+3 modules) Bio
7 modules split in two for Physics (3.5+3.5) and 8 modules (4+4 modules) Chemistry?

.....just to have the correct foundation of knowledge and delivering strategy for this would help me greatly.

Please let me know if I am right or am wrong and if there are errors here tell me.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in