Talk

Advanced search

Still on waiting list for our first choice school, second choice is on Thursday

(4 Posts)
Augustend Tue 28-Aug-18 11:49:07

Dd was so stressed about going to second choice school that she was physically sick few times. She has anxiety and stress problems following a hard time at primary school. Because of that I have told her I wouldn't make her start at second choice school so she could have a stress free summer. She was no 1 for her first choice school so we thought we'd heard but nothing. I know we have been silly but I couldn't bear seeing my dd being so stressed. Anyone has been in our shoes ? Are we going to be in troubles because she is not going to second choice school ? Thank you

OP’s posts: |
PatriciaHolm Tue 28-Aug-18 12:26:07

If you really aren't going to send her, you will have to tell the school and local authority, and officially home educate whilst staying on waiting lists for other schools. You can't just not send her and not say anything.

It's possible that waiting lists will move once school restarts and it becomes clearer who is and isn't actually turning up.

Astronotus Tue 28-Aug-18 19:24:29

Call your local authority again tomorrow morning and ask where she is on the waiting list. Check she is still at the top of the list. Consider speaking to the pastoral care team at school number two about her nerves at starting on Thursday as they may be able to help. It may be best to start her at that school whilst waiting to hear from your first choice. Odd places do appear after the start of the September term - not every parent is decent enough to tell the school concerned they no longer want the place. Fingers crossed for you.

Augustend Tue 28-Aug-18 20:05:21

Thank you both. My eldest daughter is at school no 2 and loves it. It's a very strict school and the pastoral care is pretty much inexistant. I can't send her there. We are going to homeschool her until we get a space. I called the council this morning and she was still no 1

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in