Talk

Advanced search

school trips - would this be weird?

(8 Posts)
PolkerrisBeach Mon 11-Jun-18 17:04:17

DD (14) has recently been on a school trip. The trip involved a very long overnight trip on a bus from Scotland to the channel, then an equally long trip back again. I think the teachers who volunteered for this ordeal with a coach load of excitable 14 year olds are quite frankly either saints, or bonkers. DD had an amazing experience on the trip, learned a lot and can't talk about anything else since coming home.

So I'd like to do something to say thank you to the school or the teachers. Considering baking a cake and dropping it off for the department concerned's teachers to say thanks, but would that be weird?

OP’s posts: |
Anasnake Mon 11-Jun-18 17:07:47

No, it would be most welcome.

PolkerrisBeach Mon 11-Jun-18 17:09:37

I think gin would probably be more welcome, but possible frowned upon. Will make a cake and drop it off at the school office with a card.

OP’s posts: |
tinytemper66 Mon 11-Jun-18 17:10:15

It will be gratefully received.
I remember taking a ski trip with other staff and we were delayed coming back from France.
The local roads were shut and there was a huge detour. Last mum pulls up half an hour after everyone else, three case into car and roared off with child in car without a thanks
Took kids skiing in USA this year and every parent thanked us and we had flowers and cards to say thanks. Made my day!

ReservoirDogs Mon 11-Jun-18 20:52:19

I think teachera generally welcome alcoholic drinks too

AJPTaylor Mon 11-Jun-18 21:00:35

any acknowledgment v welcome.
check embarrassment factor of cake with dd first.

teachergirl2011 Mon 11-Jun-18 21:07:00

As a teacher either wine or chocolate. We are wary of home baked items! And yes we are bonkers! X

Ohyesiam Mon 11-Jun-18 21:08:39

A gin cake?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in