Advanced search

Radley College

(5 Posts)
Advicewouldbegreat Tue 13-Mar-18 21:15:51

DS is on the Open Entry route to Radley and has been told he's passed the pre-test and been shortlisted for Open Entry assessment.

Does anyone know if they shortlist loads of boys for this or not, ie how good/bad our chances are? I know from other schools some interview basically everyone unless they totally screw up the exam, while others only interview a few who have realistic chances of getting in.

Also, does anyone know what the assessment day involves and what they're tested on while they're there?

I'd be very grateful for any insight.

Thank you

Advicewouldbegreat Wed 14-Mar-18 10:23:26

bump (in hope!)

justlearning2017 Wed 14-Mar-18 10:29:44

My son is in the same boat. I think the system is pretty new so it may not be clear how it's going to work this year.

All I understand is that they filtered based on needing to get 60% or more equivalent in the ISEB.

It would be good to understand if any of the people who did it off the down at birth list know anything about how the day is structured.

NeedingCoffee Wed 14-Mar-18 19:47:25

The down-from-birth contingent didn’t do an assessment day this year. They did the ISEB pretest and had a 10 minute interview which I gather was just a chat really. Presumably they’d have stopped you getting to this stage if there was any concern because the offers are then unconditional (CE used only for setting).

Advicewouldbegreat Thu 15-Mar-18 09:16:41

Thank you both, interesting and encouraging! Fingers crossed.

Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now