Advanced search

Girls / coed independent school surrey

(8 Posts)
Vickyboots Sat 10-Mar-18 07:27:24

Hi, I'm trying to choose between Manor House and Notre Dame for my daughter to go into year five. Does anyone have any experience of these schools as it is so difficult to choose. My daughter is okay academically and very arty. The other alternative is waiting for year seven entry to widen the school choice, but I don't think I want to wait this long.

MrsSnitch Mon 12-Mar-18 08:18:47

Which is more convenient travel wise? This would be a factor for me as they are very similar in ethos and results etc.

Vickyboots Mon 12-Mar-18 10:56:42

Both about equal distance.

MrsSnitch Mon 12-Mar-18 13:03:37

in That case I think you need to go on gut feel <unhelpful>

Vickyboots Tue 13-Mar-18 15:16:08

Yes, it keeps changing its mind every other day!

Kimlek Sun 18-Mar-18 03:11:09

Does your daughter have a preference?

Vickyboots Sun 18-Mar-18 13:07:29

She liked both when she visited, althought she preferred the facilities at Notre Dame so that might swing the balance.

PugDoug Tue 20-Mar-18 19:52:39

I heard on (quite a long) grape vine that Notre Dame is struggling with numbers so I would check that out and ask some very careful questions. It was a year or so ago but a friend left along with quite a few other colleagues because they worried about the financial viability of the school. I may be totally jumping on rumours but worth checking.

Manor House is known as a very small, nurturing school. Offers something quite special. You need to have the right DD for it - probably less confident, more in need of nurture and really tight pastoral care. It wouldn't suit a girl who needs a pacey school life or who will sit back if given the chance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now