Talk

Advanced search

Bolder Academy

(8 Posts)
Hawa13 Thu 08-Mar-18 11:43:19

We have an offer from a new secondary school in Hounslow, west london ( Bolder Academy) which will require two bus journeys each way as well as an offer from Chiswick school ( easier commute). will appreciate an opinion/ advice on the new school.

OP’s posts: |
fyfe65 Fri 09-Mar-18 16:01:54

Not sure anyone will be able to give you any advice as the school does not open till September, yours will be the first cohort

Mary21 Fri 09-Mar-18 17:38:10

Is that the new school being built near Sky?

Hawa13 Fri 09-Mar-18 21:04:48

Yes it’s that one to be built near sky and we’ll be commuting from Acton

OP’s posts: |
Marv1nGay3 Sat 10-Mar-18 14:52:44

I have a friend who is a primary school teacher and put it as first choice for her daughter, having done as much research as she could into the new head etc. Not sure that is of much help but it is positive at least. It is greatly needed in Isleworth which has only single sex faith secondary schools at the moment.

Coconulty Mon 12-Mar-18 13:44:38

Hi, We have had an equally difficult decision to make between Bolder and Chiswick. We've had a week of sleepless nights. In the end we decided on Bolder, it seems like a really exiting opportunity to be part of something new. Chiswick is still a great option though.

NotMyUserName1234 Sun 04-Nov-18 19:42:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotMyUserName1234 Thu 30-May-19 10:59:16

I’ve had notification from Mumsnet that my comments were factually incorrect. I should not have relied on tittle tattle and second hand information from the grapevine. My apologies

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in