Talk

Advanced search

Queensmead School Windsor

(5 Posts)
Verity47 Sat 03-Mar-18 10:31:33

I noticed the change of the name of Brigidine Windsor. Does anyone know if the school management has changed? Or is this basically the same school with just a different name?

OP’s posts: |
BuggeringNora Mon 05-Mar-18 12:26:38

Hi there. I attended Brigidine Convent, (as it was), back in the 80's/90's, and still have connections to the school via the 'old girls' network. My understanding of the situation is: the school was underperforming, undersubscribed and threatened with closure. A group of parents took over the school and implemented lots of changes, the main one being that the school will become co-ed in the future. The change of name is because they want to completely sever any perceived ties with the Brigidine Order, (although the school is still Catholic). So the management hasn't changed recently, just the name. As far as I am aware, their results are on the up too. smile

Verity47 Wed 07-Mar-18 19:51:15

Thanks for the reply. I’m not sure how the school is still RC as neither the proprietor or either head are Catholic. There are no links any more with the local parish. I know this as I attend the local church.

OP’s posts: |
Proactive37 Tue 10-Jul-18 18:52:10

The new inspection report is an eye opener.

Proactive37 Tue 10-Jul-18 18:53:21

Inspection Report findings

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in