Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Challenging exclusion

(13 Posts)
Westhamdad Mon 12-Feb-18 12:22:53

Not been happy with boys school for a long time. Now giving us letters about exclusion. Who do I complain too?

Foxyloxy1plus1 Mon 12-Feb-18 13:03:34

Am I right in assuming that you’re not happy with the school because you feel your child hasn’t been supported enough and is having problems resulting in you getting letters to say that he is at risk of exclusion? I’m also assuming that this is a fixed term exclusion.

What is it that has caused the letter? Have you and the school been able to work together to help your child? I think there’s not really enough information to suggest any action you could take just yet.

CatMuffin Mon 12-Feb-18 13:11:08

Why do they want to exclude him?

Westhamdad Mon 12-Feb-18 13:13:47

Correct. Yes not happy with lack of support. The head is trying to fob us off. Will be writung to chairman of governors but am not impressed with how he has handled things previously. Two fixed exclusions and permanent has been talked about

Westhamdad Mon 12-Feb-18 13:14:57

Poor behaviour fighting. He is difficult at times

cricketballs3 Mon 12-Feb-18 17:58:15

Exactly what support do you think is lacking, especially for the fighting?

bananasandwicheseveryday Mon 12-Feb-18 18:15:50

Are you saying he's had two fixed term exclusions and is now at risk of permanent exclusion?

SoupDragon Mon 12-Feb-18 18:32:46

Does your DS have special needs and it’s the lack of support for these that are causing the fights and bad behaviour ?

Lowdoorinthewal1 Mon 12-Feb-18 18:35:51

What support have you give the school so far?

Rudi44 Mon 12-Feb-18 21:26:26

It's difficult to advise who to complain to without even half the story let alone the full one. Are you saying your child is being unfairly threatened with exclusion? Rather than complaining you need to engage with the school and obtain any support they can offer in order to address the behaviour that is causing them to threaten exclusion

pepperpot99 Tue 13-Feb-18 08:36:08

Have the police been called because of his fighting? is he assaulting staff and students?

MincemeatTart Tue 13-Feb-18 08:38:25

You need to focus on stopping your boys fighting and being badly behaved. It’s your job not the schools.

jaimelannistersgoldenhand Tue 13-Feb-18 09:39:59

Private or state school?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: