Talk

Advanced search

St Benedicts / Kew House

(4 Posts)
Dani1 Sat 10-Feb-18 23:13:25

That time of year - Ds had two offers from St Benedicts and Kew House.

DH and I are in quandry - which to choose - they are all very different but does anyone have any up-to-date views ?

Both schools seem nice but have very different vibes.

Any thoughts or views really welcome (especially from parents who already have boys at these 2 schools).

snoopy999 Sun 11-Feb-18 23:56:00

I have a child there.
The only thing a lot of parents don't consider or think about is whether their child can handle the very long lesson periods. Ask KHS for their yr 7, yr 8, yr 9 timetable and take a proper look . You will see that the lessons are all 1.5hr long and some are even 3hrs long. This is a struggle for even the most focused of children! No further comment! But just be warned in advance...

Elibean Mon 12-Feb-18 18:06:54

I have a child at KHS, and she's very happy....for her, the longer lesson periods are an advantage, as she used to get frustrated not being able to finish a piece of work at primary (and the period gets broken up into sections, group work/individual/experiments etc). But like everything, it doesn't suit everyone.

I work right next to St Benedicts, and the kids there look pretty happy too - good luck choosing!

Dani1 Mon 19-Feb-18 17:38:44

Thank you so much for your messages on KH - it is a lovely school and I think the one we are going to choose !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: