Talk

Advanced search

Kew House - West London. How hard to get into?

(10 Posts)
Silliness75 Fri 09-Feb-18 09:14:47

Hi there - my DS is on the waitlist for Kew House - it’s his favourite and we were really hoping for it. Is anyone else in the same boat? Was it much harder to get a place this year? I’d love to hear from any others who applied on how they got on? Thank you!

Elibean Fri 09-Feb-18 09:49:50

There were definitely more applicants this year - my dd1 is in Y9, it was the first time they were oversubscribed, but the numbers have grown hugely each year since. dd2 applied (and has a place) this year, and I was shocked at the numbers - so your ds did well!

Its harder for boys to get in than girls, due to there being more girls' indies in West London than boys. But the waiting list will shift, and lots of people still put it as 'back up' so hang in there. Good luck to your ds!

Thisdoesnotgeteasier Fri 09-Feb-18 14:54:10

I know several kids who got in off the waitlist last year. In fact, the three or four from DD’s school who ended up there (from state school) got in off the waitlist around the time of offer deadline day.

I understand they ask in the letter for you to confirm your interest and I would definitely do that. It’s a school where the list will move as kids take up other offers so hang in there. And I would call the admissions office once a week to reiterate interest. Good luck.

QGMum Fri 09-Feb-18 19:30:54

My dd was on their waitlist in a previous year and this turned into an offer just before the general acceptance deadline.

If you are keen on the school call them and re-iterate you would accept a place immediately if offered. Ask the HT of your Ds school to do the same. A prep school HT will do this anyway and there’s no harm in asking a state school HT.

Hang on in there. It’s torture waiting, I know. Good luck.

mumoftwokidsboygirl Fri 09-Feb-18 20:57:40

WE have offer from Kew house and probably will not take it. So I can say that sure for few others buyable from DS school too. The waitlist will move .

mumoftwokidsboygirl Fri 09-Feb-18 20:58:17

Any ideas about how LU acceptances were this year ? For 11 plus ..

snoopy999 Mon 12-Feb-18 00:00:11

I have a child there.
The only thing a lot of parents don't consider or think about is whether their child can handle the very long lesson periods. Ask KHS for their yr 7, yr 8, yr 9 timetable and take a proper look . You will see that the lessons like Maths and English are 1.5hr long and some are even 3hrs long. This is a struggle for even the most intelligent and focused of children! No further comment! But just be warned in advance...

Foamshrimp Mon 12-Feb-18 22:48:57

Hi Silliness75. I would be pretty sure the list will move - they offer a lot to their junior schools and many there will use as back up so hold on.

Qu1ntr1x Tue 13-Feb-18 07:44:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Paddingtonbear123 Sun 08-Jul-18 09:10:04

Our DS was on the waitlist - We were told this year their waitlist didn’t move at all. Are there anyone who got a place from the waitlist?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: