Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Exeter School

(4 Posts)
TCKN Thu 08-Feb-18 21:00:49

We are thinking of relocating to Devon in the Summer. Any thoughts on Exeter School? Both my boys have passed the entrance exam but I am not sure if it is worth making the move to send them there. The results are great, but there's more to a school than good GCSE's and A'Levels. Does anyone have any experience of this school they could share? Thank you

BubblesBuddy Thu 08-Feb-18 21:24:26

Have you not looked round to see what the extra curricular looks like? There are not many independent schools in that area so not sure what sports competition would look like but surely you have looked beyond academics? I would look for visiting speakers, inspiring school trips, excellent music and drama and lots of clubs and activities to enhance learning and personal development. What do they offer that your children would enjoy?

TonTonMacoute Fri 09-Feb-18 18:25:08

I’m not clear, OP. Are you moving to Devon just so your children can go to that school, or are you moving anyway, and are just looking for a good local school?

I don’t have direct experience of Exeter school, although I know friends who have DCs there, who are happy. Personally, if it was me I would be looking at Blundells over Exeter.

Scabbersley Fri 09-Feb-18 18:25:50

Blundells is better.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: