Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Oxford High GDST - going co-ed?

(6 Posts)
DaffyTaffy Mon 05-Feb-18 18:19:06

Has anyone heard anything about Oxford High going co-ed in the senior school? Rumours seem to be circulating (according to dd) but can’t seem to find anything out about it. Presumably the school would have to leave the GDST for that to happen?

A quick google shows they did something similar at Ipswich High School (which GDST sold off).

MissBartlettsconscience Mon 05-Feb-18 21:36:03

I haven't heard anything but the group who now owns Ipswich is the london and oxford group so I'd have thought it could be a target...

Flo234 Tue 06-Feb-18 09:10:17

Hi, I'm a parent there and I think this might stem from us having had a male Head join this September. There seem to be no plans for OHS to go co-ed and the GDST are really promoting their new 'Spirit of a Girl' campaign so I think it's one of those recurring rumours - bit like everyone thinks MCS are going co-ed all the way through and not just in their Sixth Form. The Head is really pro girls' ed & has his daughters at the OHS prep so would ignore this rumour completely!

Flyingprettycretonnecurtains Tue 06-Feb-18 18:32:34

No. It's one of the main schools in the GDST and is fine for numbers, results, etc. It's a daft rumour. The one in East Anglia was sold because they had such poor pupil numbers due to location.

carameljane Tue 06-Feb-18 23:18:16

As previous posters have said, the school promotes a strong girls' education ethos and I know there is a big waiting list this year for Y7 2018 entry so I don't think they need a change of tactics. I guess you never know though - it would be popular with many families with sons I know as coed

DaffyTaffy Wed 07-Feb-18 18:43:29

Thanks all, the consensus seems to be just rumour then - which is reassuring. I agree that it wouldn’t seem to make much sense from a GDST perspective.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: