Talk

Advanced search

Bath Academy for A level revision?

(9 Posts)
ChampagneCharlotte Tue 30-Jan-18 20:13:18

Has anyone any experience of Bath Academy for A level revision course? DS needs to resit an AS at the same time as doing his A2, and we want to find a good revision course during the Easter holidays.

catslife Wed 31-Jan-18 09:50:31

Is this for Maths (very few A levels have this system now)? Is this college local to you?
Are you wanting one to one tuition or being in a group?

ChampagneCharlotte Wed 31-Jan-18 14:40:16

It's for Government and Politics, it's going to be linear eventually but he didn't do very well in the AS so he's got to retake it.

catslife Wed 31-Jan-18 15:33:08

Ok.
Yes I do have some experience of their A level and GCSE revision courses (pm me if you want to know more).
The good news is that they have qualified teachers for that subject. Gov and politics isn't the subject area that I have seen, so cannot be specific about that.
Positives: they will run a course for your ds no matter how many students want to take this subject even if he is the only one. So no last minute cancellations due to not enough students to run the course.
they do have subject teachers who are well qualified in their subjects.
they are in a good location in central Bath close to transport links.

Bus1 Mon 14-Jan-19 18:32:50

Im trying to find this college ranking. Can anyone help?

expatparents Thu 07-Feb-19 13:39:29

Catslife -- could you provide more information re Bath Academy? I tried to PM you but it didn't work.
I'm considering for my son -- I need a residential easter course.

catndogslife Thu 07-Feb-19 14:09:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

catndogslife Thu 07-Feb-19 14:11:07

Bus1 they are very small and may not have the minimum number of students needed for a ranking.

Bumble72 Tue 10-Sep-19 12:22:20

Hi there - I was just scouring the internet for reviews/insights into Bath Academy where we were thinking of sending our daughter to study A levels. Can any of you possibly let me know what your impressions have been because I was really happy with it until today when someone told me to steer clear, so that now I am really worried.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »