Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

St. Paul's 13+ interviews

(8 Posts)
dinosaurinmybelly Tue 30-Jan-18 10:03:10

DS had his 13+ interview at St. Paul's yesterday and really loves the school. Did anyone happen to ask how many boys will be interviewed over the next few weeks and how many offers the school tends to make? It slipped my mind when I was there. It will now be a long 3 week wait by the post box for us now..

mumoftwokidsboygirl Tue 13-Feb-18 08:43:30

We had interview also in early Feb. Forgot to ask when will they send the letters .. anyone has any idea ? 13+ to be precise as I know the 11 plus results are coming in today for friends who did 11 plus there ..

stourton Tue 13-Feb-18 10:17:47

mum do you know of any stats for St Paul entry points. 7+ till 11+?
How many wrote, were interviewed and taken?

mumoftwokidsboygirl Tue 13-Feb-18 10:43:01

AS they did the ISEB Tests at their respective schools ( or at SPS) on various dates .. no one knows the numbers .. I don’t even know the numbers of places they have for 11 plus and 13 plus ?? Anyone ?

Roseredvelvet Tue 13-Feb-18 22:07:47

My son sat the 8+ in Jan. They told us 240 sat the exam, 80 interviewed and 44 offers for 36 places (I asked the hm during our interview).

mumoftwokidsboygirl Wed 14-Feb-18 08:48:18

Thanks ... seems like competition is not as hard at 8 plus as it is at 11 plus.
We heard back yesterday for 13plus entry and DS is in reserve list.

Roseredvelvet Wed 14-Feb-18 09:50:43

Well done to your son! Hopefully the list will move quickly. My dd has just sat the 11+ and the horror of it all inspired us to sit ds for 8+!

mumoftwokidsboygirl Wed 14-Feb-18 10:09:55

Yes, If I had known I would have done 8 plus for him too. 11 plus is hardest, did DD for 7 plus last year and was hoping same ease with 11 plus. The competition with state school makes 11 plus very tough.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: