Talk

Advanced search

Page 5 | Emanuel School entrance exam today

(113 Posts)
Ginandtonictime Sat 13-Jan-18 16:59:08

Anyone have a dc who did the 11+ entrance exam today? How did it go? Getting the impression that the current exam season is harder than ever this year ...

OP’s posts: |
EducatingWandsworth Mon 12-Feb-18 16:41:59

Itschilly - I think there are slightly more boys than girls at Emanuel but it certainly doesn't feel at all like a boys school that lets in girls - far from it. It is a very happy co-ed and the children I've met have all been happy, confident and keen to learn. My child's class (Hill Form) is evenly mixed boys/girls and there are friendships between them all. There are lots of co-curricular opportunities for both boys and girls and my child is loving the sport, including trying some new activities, like Eton Fives, at lunchtimes etc. I've only been a parent at Emanuel for a short while but the teachers and coaches are excellent in my opinion.

itschilly Mon 12-Feb-18 16:44:47

Thanks- DD knows a few girls and boys already in Hill Form and I know they're all happy and most have multiple older siblings at the school.
Good to hear it feels genuinely co-Ed. It's also our nearest option.
I thought waiting for the results was stressful- I'm finding the decisions just as bad!

audrey01 Sun 18-Feb-18 17:39:25

Thnks everyone for the insights into Emanuel. It is a good, decent school, it is our nearest, we like the co-ed aspect, so we have decided to take the plunge and go for it. We have also signed up for the “See Again” day, but unless there is something off about the school on the day, we are pretty much decided. Hope to see some MNetters there.

AnotherNewt Sun 18-Feb-18 18:06:55

Emanuel is 50/50 for the sexes pretty much all the way through the school now (definitely up to and including year 10 and perhaps the years above that too).

And yes it is one of the very few schools where girls play Fives.

The only irritation is that the on-site playing fields are rugby, so girls might have to go to the off-site pitches for hockey when the boys don't have to travel during the school day (though I think they've made some space for hockey on site, and the netball courts are on-site too).

They only offer resistant materials for DT, which might be legacy if a several years ago when it was rather boy-heavy.

Jessie44 Tue 21-May-19 11:21:40

Emanuel School
Year 6, known as Hill form 48 pupils
Registration for September 2020 start is now OPEN and will close at 12.00pm on Friday 18th October 2019.
www.emanuel.org.uk/admissions/10-plus-entry/

gingershotting Mon 13-Jan-20 08:23:11

could someone remember what the comprehension was about?

PopGoesTheWeaz Mon 13-Jan-20 17:46:14

The make up exam for students who couldn't make it this weekend is later this week I think so perhaps best not to give actual test details just yet.

gingershotting Sat 18-Jan-20 15:07:49

PopgoesWeaz, Fair enough but I doubt they sit the same paper.

MGMidget Sun 19-Jan-20 23:45:58

Registration was 1000 last year too.

MGMidget Sun 19-Jan-20 23:49:13

Oops, sorry. Saw the earlier posts about registration going up to 1000 and just realised they were a year old!

Carrotandginger Mon 27-Jan-20 16:04:34

Does anyone know how many candidates they call back for interviews?

PopGoesTheWeaz Mon 27-Jan-20 16:26:58

The don't call back for interviews. they interview ALL applicants in the autumn, weeks before the exam

ColaPip Mon 27-Jan-20 16:28:20

Emanuel interview all the candidates. I think they kicked off the interviews in November and they ran straight through until Dec/Jan.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in