Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

Wellington College

(8 Posts)
katiethemumof2 Mon 04-Dec-17 12:16:29

Hi all, DS2 has just been placed on the waiting list of Wellington College for Lower sixth entry. We were not told where he is on on the waiting list. What are the odds that he will get in ?

Also, i am wondering are there any boarding schools still available for application at this time of the year as wellington is his only choice.

xx katie

Dancingdreamer Mon 04-Dec-17 22:16:11

My friend just went to visit Cheltenham and was told that they do another round of applications in January for 6th form. Not sure what this means but may be worth an enquiry.

Have Wellington indicated if the list moves much? When my DD applied for 6th form at her school she was told that people often get places from the waiting list as DCs generally apply to 2 or 3 schools so turn down places if the school is not their first choice.

pleasegoaway Tue 05-Dec-17 22:30:49

Was also going to suggest Cheltenham College (co-ed not CLC). Great for Sixty Form but not sure whether spaces available. Best to contact to ask and to arrange a visit.

Cwandry Tue 05-Dec-17 23:04:11

Trouble is Wellington is most people's first choice so most offered places will probably accept it and they don't take many. I would just ring round other ones you quite like the look of and see if they will take applications, just in case. Or could he stay where he is now?

katiethemumof2 Wed 06-Dec-17 10:27:42

Thank you for the replies. It is possible for him to stay where he is now, but he does not really like it there. DS2 told me most people at interviews told him they put wellington as their second choice after sevenoaks or st paul's.

smartboysmum Sat 03-Mar-18 14:23:28

DS2 has been offered a waiting list place at Wellington College for 13+ entry. Can someone please advise what are the realistic chances that he might get in. Any feedback from existing mums or from anyone who have gone through the process at Wellington before will be a big help.

Thanks a lot in advance

smartboysmum Sat 03-Mar-18 14:25:03

Sorry please ignore. I meant to start a new thread and instead posted it here

RBKMum Mon 26-Mar-18 04:10:51

My daughter has just been put on waitlist at Wellington for 13+. We’ve not been told her position on the waitlist and that we may only hear back from them in April next year. Could anyone guide me as to when the initial round of acceptance deposits are meant to be given in? I.e - when is the earliest I should expect to hear back? We’ve been accepted into 2 other school who want our answer soon but my daughter is adamant about going to Wellington. Please help

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: