Talk

Advanced search

Sport at LEH

(6 Posts)
womblemum19 Sun 03-Dec-17 00:12:26

I’m beginning to look at Secondaries for DD and a teacher suggested LEH. I’ve done a quick read of it and love the sound of it. However I was wondering if anyone knows if they play hockey? It doesn’t really get mentioned on the website or any of the threads. It’s the one sport that DD loves and would be disappointed not to play at school. Not concerned at the level of play, she’d just be happy to play!

Sunshine5050 Sun 03-Dec-17 08:26:32

No LEH play lacrosse. Try Kingston Grammar & Surbiton High for hockey.

Needmoresleep Sun 03-Dec-17 21:54:51

Or Latimer Upper, Wimbledon High or G&L. SPGS, Putney and LEH are lacrosse. However better school players normally belong to clubs: Teddington, Wimbledon or Surbiton.

womblemum19 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:18:14

Thanks for the replies. My daughter already plays for WHC, so possibly that might be enough for her?
I'll check out LU and G&L, I've not yet considered them due to location. Just unsure about her commuting in, a school bus sounds so much more appealing!

womblemum19 Mon 04-Dec-17 09:18:56

Kingston and Surbiton are on my list to research too!

nocampinghere Mon 04-Dec-17 09:27:30

a school bus sounds so much more appealing

really think twice about that - yes it is reassuring when they are starting in yr7 but it soon becomes very claustrophobic, my DD has friends at LEH who hate getting the coach.
In an ideal world you'd choose a school she can get to independently and not just rely on the coach.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: