Talk

Advanced search

St Edwards Lancing Malvern

(12 Posts)
BoggisBunceBean Sun 26-Nov-17 19:21:35

The three suggestions for our musical son from his school. Any experience on these schools. We need a school with good pastoral care

BoggisBunceBean Mon 27-Nov-17 17:07:50

bump :-)

ScipioAfricanus Mon 27-Nov-17 19:23:21

It’s a while ago but I know a musical set of boys who went to Malvern. One of whom has gone on to do music professionally.

Dancingdreamer Mon 27-Nov-17 21:33:54

Have you considered Marlborough? The music is outstanding there.

BoggisBunceBean Tue 28-Nov-17 10:10:43

Thanks. Re Malborough we haven’t discussed with my son’s prep head much but I got the impression that he thought this might not be a top choice. My son is still quite young for his age. I have heard rumours that there is a “Kate” effect at Malborough - although only gossip

BubblesBuddy Tue 28-Nov-17 10:18:01

May I suggest Rugby. Good on both counts. No ridiculous competition for entry and they do look after their more sensitive pupils well.

Dancingdreamer Tue 28-Nov-17 20:37:27

It is popular but Kate is old news at the school. The aspirational crowd is heading more to Wellington from what I can gather.

Confutatis Sat 02-Dec-17 22:25:30

Odd choice of schools. Which St Edwards? They are all very different and a long way from each other.
How far is each school from where you live, and how far from the school he currently is at?
Why did the school recommend these three?
(I know one of them pretty well, happy to pm)

happygardening Sat 02-Dec-17 22:37:00

St Edwards Oxford and Malvern aren't a million miles apart.
PM me if you want to know more about St Edwards.

BoggisBunceBean Sun 03-Dec-17 09:40:24

St Edwards Oxford

user1492670647 Tue 05-Dec-17 07:00:01

Teddies seems like a great school, v sporty and the head seems to be making things more academic. Great location and lots of links to Oxford. Not sure about the others though Malvern may be more academic.

ifonly4 Tue 05-Dec-17 16:19:46

OP, message me with any questions, my DD is at St Edwards and very musical

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now