Talk

Advanced search

Get £10 off your first lesson with Mumsnet-Rated tutoring service Tutorful here

ISEB pre-test versus 11+

(5 Posts)
cherie32 Tue 07-Nov-17 22:48:57

I'm trying to get my head around what (if any) prep can be done for the ISEB pre-tests that will be taken in Oct/Nov of Year 6 for the independent schools.

DS's prep has recommended a few books like the Galore Park range and a few websites. Glancing over a few of these they don't look, to my untrained eyes, as all that different from 11+ content (grammar school). It all seems to be VR, NVR, full stop.

I'm struggling to find tutors/group classes that can help with ISEB, but tons of these for 11+. Is it worthwhile just going through 11+ as tests seem so similar?

trinity0097 Wed 08-Nov-17 20:50:09

It is just another 11+ pre-test, just taken on the computer.

We get the kids at our school to sit a practice one via pretestplus.co.uk

AnotherNewt Thu 09-Nov-17 08:20:42

It looks similar, because it is similar.

Though do check that potential destination schools are using ISEB, because not all do.

MrsPatmore Thu 09-Nov-17 14:35:32

Ds prepared well for the super selective 11+ schools and then sat the pre-test ISEB for a top independent (WUS). Sailed through this so I think the prep is the same but computer based and adaptive. BOFA do online 11+ type tests.

cherie32 Sat 18-Nov-17 19:16:18

Thanks.. quite aligned with my findings as well. All schools I'm looking at use ISEB except Winchester College.

Have signed up DS for regular grammar school 11+ preparation, as it does seem quite similar to ISEB.

Thanks for the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: