Talk

Advanced search

Parents Advice

(1 Post)
MaraFletchermummy Sun 05-Nov-17 22:11:32

Hi , doing this for my brother. We need an opinion from some parents . My niece is 15 in S4 exams this year. Her mum died when she just finished S1 . Missed some of S2, 50% of S3 (Tried phased return going in half days , working independently) she did well until a week before the October holiday perfect attendance , then unit assessments began , her anxiety seemed to just be all consuming again (was still anxious but seemed to be striving through until this point). She had 4 days off before end of term , the Tuesday morning after then hasn’t been in since. She is filled with anxiety and has promised to go to school tomorrow but I fear this isn’t the correct approach. She got pupil of the month last month in Biology. I plan to talk to her guidance teacher (her dad works full time). I’m not sure what to go in expecting , any suggestions as to what can be done ? Thank you in advance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now