Talk

Advanced search

Art Teacher training. Maths!

(3 Posts)
Steg2012 Fri 03-Nov-17 13:53:26

Hi All,
I am looking into applying to teach art and design at secondary school.
I need to retake my maths, as I have CSE 3- not good. Has anybody else out there re-sat GCSE Maths, or the equivalency test at nearly 50 years of age?! Any tip of the best routes to take! I feel that I have to at least give it a good try, rather than regret not. Any advice hugely appreciated!

hmcAsWas Fri 03-Nov-17 14:00:21

No experience but my friend did Maths GCSE in order to become a primary teacher. She was in her late 40's

Presumably you are not just going to register with an exam board and pitch up. You need to either get yourself a tutor or find a college that offers Maths GCSE for mature students. It shouldn't be too tricky for you - my friend found it easier than first time around. As an adult you will be more focussed and determined than you were back then, and so even if maths isn't your strength I am sure you will persevere

noblegiraffe Fri 03-Nov-17 15:20:09

If you haven’t got a C at GCSE, colleges offer resit courses for free so worth looking at local provision.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: