Talk

Advanced search

Parents and exam choices

(2 Posts)
Andi997 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:00:10

My son is at School in Scotland doing National 5 qualifications. The school decides based on prelims whether they will put pupils forward for the national 5 qualification or the lower national 4 qualification if they don't meet school criteria. I wonder if anyone knows what rights parents have to challenge this decision if they believe that it has been taken incorrectly.

It may be helpful to know: The school feels it has a position to hold in the league tables and he has been discriminated against as a result of his disability (the school have admitted and apologised for it)

ttlshiwwya Sat 28-Oct-17 21:31:28

Try posting on Scotsnet if you don't get any response here. My DCs school (way way down the league tables) has criteria for national 4 and 5 based on prelims but they are low e.g 25% or above for maths and there seems to be some flexibility. A couple of DCs friend's have been allowed to sit with really low prelim results. Prelims are late january/early february with results only available after feb half term so most of the national 5 course already complete anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now