Talk

Advanced search

Mossbourne or Haggerston?

(5 Posts)
Japanese Tue 24-Oct-17 13:33:49

I am tying myself into a knotted bundle over the order of schools on DD's CAF.

Basically, we are unlikely to get our first choice so am now debating between 2nd and 3rd preferences. At the moment we have Mossbourne (Community not Victoria Pk) as 2nd and Haggerston 3rd.

I liked them both when we visited. I know Mossbourne has a reputation for being super-disciplined but am not necessarily put off by that. When I discussed it with DD she is ok with both but I know she would prefer Haggerston - her face falls a bit when I mention Mossbourne. BUT, I think she would probably do better academically at Mossbourne given their results.

We prob won't even get a place at Mossbourne given the lottery system (we are middle circle) but arrrrgh, it's so difficult to know what to do for the best!

Anyone have any recent experience of either/both schools/words of wisdom to share?

Thank you!

CamperVamp Tue 24-Oct-17 13:39:50

Friends with very bright kids at Haggerston are very happy with it and have said they are glad they are not at 'boot camp'.

Got all As and A*s, pastoral is good.

As long as they don't hanker for anything outlandish, I think young peope need to feel happy about the choice of school.

tallstork Tue 24-Oct-17 13:41:52

What's your first choice, out of interest?

Japanese Tue 24-Oct-17 13:45:58

tallstork - our 1st choice is Latymer - DD's ranking in the entrance tests mean that she may be on a waiting list but not guaranteed a place.

Traalaa Tue 24-Oct-17 19:37:21

Haggerston's lovely. She'd be fine if she went there. Lots of very bright motivated kids, who do well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: