Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Priority aptitude or distance

(4 Posts)
Hersetta427 Sat 21-Oct-17 11:32:05

Does anyone know if you qualified for a place with a very high sports aptitude score (ten percentage points over the lowest admitted score over the last 3 years) but also qualified for a place on distance does anyone know what place you would actually get?

Would they give my daughter the aptitude place and her distance place will be reallocated amongst her feeder school group or would she get a distance place and her aptitude place will go to someone with a lower score?

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Sat 21-Oct-17 11:36:43

I'd imagine she'd be given a place under aptitude criteria. But this is probably something you will need to look up in the school's admissions policy or ask the school themselves.

Hersetta427 Sat 21-Oct-17 12:02:05

Found my answer. Apparently you only get an aptitude place if you don't qualify for a place under all the other admission criteria. I guess therefore the aptitude is a guaranteed back up if we don't for some reason get a place on distance.

CamperVamp Sat 21-Oct-17 14:02:10

There are othet schools that do it the other way round.

So anyone else asking the same question need to check the detail of the admissions policy. They have to publish how they do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now