Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

URGENT!! HIGHGATE WOOD school or what else??

(7 Posts)
CALLMEMUM Fri 20-Oct-17 13:11:02

What would be the best secondary school choice for an academically average boy, not too confident, very quite and well behaved? We are in between Crouch Hill and Stroud Green Road not a good position for secondary schools, any advice or experiences appreciated please!

christinarossetti Fri 20-Oct-17 16:39:51

Is your ds in Y6 now?

If not, you have next year to go to open evenings and mornings.

What are your realistic options?

CALLMEMUM Sat 21-Oct-17 22:20:54

Yes he's in year 6..the nearest school is IAMC, then COLA Highgate just 10 minutes away, Highgate Wood and Craig city, St Aloysius not too far as well, have you heard anything about those schools?

elkiedee Sat 21-Oct-17 23:32:33

Do you mean Greig City on Hornsey High Street? Where are other kids from his school going? Does he have views? Have you been to any of the open evenings?

christinarossetti Sun 22-Oct-17 16:49:54

I went to one of the open mornings at IAMC. It's a small school (750 max intake and historically undersubscribed) with a new head. I quite liked a lot about it - the size, location, pastoral care, music. It's clearly not popular with its locals but whether that's because of legitimate concerns about the school or snobbery I don't know.

Some friends went to look at Greig, and really like the facilities and staff.

COLA seems to be a popular choice - no idea what distance its intake included last year though.

No idea about St Aloysius.

Did you go to any of the opening evenings at all?

pieceofpurplesky Sun 22-Oct-17 17:05:57

The head at Highgate Wood is an excellent one

Toddlerteaplease Sun 22-Oct-17 17:24:07

St Aloysius has produced two archbishops! No help Op

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now