Talk

Advanced search

Good schools in the Fleet / Hook area

(5 Posts)
Oleanderrules Thu 19-Oct-17 17:51:14

Hello

We’re moving to Fleet ( Hants ) next spring because of DH’s job. Any advice on a good state or private school for my DD who is currently in year 9 . We are looking for
somewhere that is strong in art and drama as that’s her ‘thing’

Ta1kinPeece Thu 19-Oct-17 19:32:53

State schools in Hampshire are generally Comps and some of them are really rather good smile

disahsterdahling Thu 19-Oct-17 21:28:27

All the state schools in the area are good. In Odiham you have Robert Mays, which covers Hook, and in Fleet there is Court Moor and Calthorpe. All are oversubscribed, but generally you can get a place as long as you are in catchment.

You could also consider Yateley, I think Yateley school is ok and it has its own sixth form; Frogmore seems to be less well thought of.

If you want somewhere really arty you could look at the private Frensham school in Farnham. But you'd really need to live in Farnham, otherwise it will be quite a long journey to school.

Farnborough Hill and St Nicholas are both private schools for girls - I have no idea if they are any good for music/art though.

Oleanderrules Fri 20-Oct-17 07:08:17

Thanks so much for the advice so far - it gives me a good starting point .
It’s great to hear that the state schools are so good !

Oleanderrules Fri 20-Oct-17 07:13:28

Thanks so much for the advice so far - it gives me a good starting point .
It’s great to hear that the state schools are so good !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now