Talk

Advanced search

Wallington Boys Grammar - feedback please

(7 Posts)
Decisionsunltd Wed 18-Oct-17 21:15:20

Feedback on the school please - especially whether there are many boys travelling there by train from Wandsworth Common / Balham, and whether the high proportion of local Croydon boys makes good friendships for boys living further afield more tricky.
Also any other feedback on the school, good or bad, appreciated (already know that it's strong for pastoral care).

Background: We weren't going to try for the grammars but DS and I visited Wallington and he loved it (and I liked it a lot) - so he sat the test and passed. DH hasn't seen it so is less convinced (compared to good local comp) and we are both concerned about limited number of younger boys going by train / friendships.

MagicMarkers Wed 18-Oct-17 22:26:44

Everyone I know who has had a son there has been happy with it. Only negative I've heard is that the boys don't have lockers.

They don't all come from Croydon. Wallington is actually in the LB of Sutton. I should think they come from a wide area and most boys will have to use public transport to get there.

MagicMarkers Wed 18-Oct-17 22:28:28

I've also heard that they deliberately place boys from the same areas in the same forms so that they will know boys to travel with.

Decisionsunltd Wed 18-Oct-17 22:48:08

Thanks MM. The people you know - are their sons at the school currently? Do you know what it is that they like about the school?

I've seen lots of boys travelling to the school by bus (and as you say, from Sutton), but only handful by train. I'd like DS to be able to travel with others - fo safety and company.

sara176 Tue 13-Mar-18 19:52:07

Hi, I received an email from WCGS today regarding my DS position in waiting list. He is 9th in waiting list. I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some information regarding waiting list. If they move or if they do then what is the chance that my DS will be offered a place. I don't know if I should be excited but I wa when I found out he wa 9th,It give me some hope. Please any information will be greatly appreciated.

MrsFantastic Tue 13-Mar-18 23:17:57

As someone said on one of your other reanimated threads, you really should call the school. There will be movement after the deadline for acceptances and 9th is very high really. You really need to sit and wait.

sara176 Tue 13-Mar-18 23:35:55

Thank you very much for replying.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: