Talk

Advanced search

Wallington county grammar

(3 Posts)
Shaheensayed1 Wed 18-Oct-17 12:23:07

Hiya I just wonder if wallington county grammar is better than Sutton grammar. Is it super selective? What are the out of scores? The email just says my DS passed the test. Tia

Teddygirlonce Wed 18-Oct-17 13:14:19

Hi Shaheensayed1

Well done to your DS for passing the WCGS exam! Did he pass the second SGS/Wilson's one?

It is indeed a Sutton 'super-selective' (as with Wilson's and SGS). They all have their merits and TBQH there's not that much to choose between them, although Wilson's seems to be currently powering ahead in the league tables.

If you have a choice with the Sutton grammars you may want to consider which one would best suit your son. My son got a definite feel for which one seemed to be the right fit for him (and fortunately it was the one we liked the most). However, given that he has turned out to be more interested in and academically stronger at Humanities subjects he possibly ended up at the wrong one! SGS and Wilson's are very Maths/Sciences oriented and WCGS less so (I believe). WCGS has a very good reputation for pastoral care too which can only ever be a good thing.

I don't have direct experience of WCGS but do have friends with sons there so do have some current insight.

Shaheensayed1 Wed 18-Oct-17 13:56:31

Thank you so much, very helpful indeed. He sat stage 2 yesterday. I'm more inclined towards Wilson, fingers crossed. I'll defo add wallington in CAF now. S

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now