Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ealing Fields or Eltborne? Would welcome views!

(8 Posts)
solittletime Thu 12-Oct-17 12:53:49

I'm reasonably sure we have a good chance for both these schools, and would really welcome feedback from people who know them.

Obv ealing fields doesn't have a track record yet in terms of results.

Would especially like to get an idea of the 'feel' of the school and the quality of teaching.

Our children are clever enough, reasonably sociable, so pretty standard pre teens!

Thank you very much!!

solittletime Thu 12-Oct-17 12:54:45

Oh dear. That obviously should read Elthorne!

solittletime Thu 12-Oct-17 16:57:15

Hello! Bumping for afternoon traffic. smile

solittletime Thu 12-Oct-17 20:08:56

Ok.... one last try for the evening traffic!!

BungledUpInTwo Thu 12-Oct-17 23:38:28

Elthorne Park you know what you're getting. There's a track record, it's established, and from what I know it's a good school.

Ealing Fields...well, you need to take a thorough look around and ask a lot of questions. That school has the potential to be great...it's in the right catchment area. But I know it hasn't all been smooth sailing there, the original head has left. Look around: can the staff there talk intelligently about the future? Are the teachers prepping the kids for GCSE and A-Levels? Do you get the sense there's a plan?

superram Thu 12-Oct-17 23:50:25

I want my children to go to Elthorne. Very good results both in terms of attainment and progress, caring environment. Ealing fields is currently being managed by twyford. I have no personal experience of it and it gets good results but it is very exam focused and I want my kids to happy (and hopefully do well).

solittletime Sat 14-Oct-17 08:25:43

Thank you. For various reasons I was never able to make the gazillion open tours that ealing fields organised so that is why I posted here!!
Would live to hear from someone who knows the school!

MothershipG Sat 14-Oct-17 08:39:22

Oldest DC finished at EPHS a couple of years ago and left tor college, DC2 is in year 11, much more academic and will probably stay on for 6th form.

I would say EPHS is a pretty safe bet, especially if your DC are bright, Mr Wong seems to be doing a good job of pulling up the school and being open to change, they have interestingly just rejigged their sanctions procedure in a very sensible way.

I know nothing about EF but wonder why it has been taken over by Twyford, which I can’t help feeling will change the ethos of the school from what was originally described.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now