Talk

Advanced search

JAGS vs SPGS

(5 Posts)
AveEldon Fri 29-Sep-17 07:26:52

JAGS is more local to us but I'm wondering if SPGS is worth the extra travel

The JAGS head wasn't hugely inspirational - said the kids weren't set for maths etc - the prospectus says otherwise, couldn't answer questions on staff turnover.
The girls we saw were bright and sparky but I'm wondering what the schools value add is?

Any thoughts or comments welcomed!

AveEldon Fri 29-Sep-17 20:11:19

bump

Puddinglane12 Wed 08-Nov-17 12:49:43

Hi, I'm interested in this as well.
Also anyone else done the pre-test yet, for JAGS?

AnotherNewt Wed 08-Nov-17 12:56:18

A girl who is bright enough for either of these schools is going to come out with a string of 8s and 9s and A*s and As.

So you don't need to make your choices based on likely academic achievement (not setting from the start really isn't an issue in schools which are highly selective in the first place).

Thinking about what your DD's day will be like is important - which includes his long/stressful the journey is to each. Whether you like the 'feel' of the place matters too - as do your DD's preferences.

JAGS is doing more jointly with Dulwich College these days - no intention to link them up IYSWIM - but more joint drama, workshops, reading trips, other enrichment etc.

Are there any particular co-curricular activities your DD is interested in?

AveEldon Wed 08-Nov-17 21:18:12

Thanks for the replies

I have rejected SPGS - journey plus the high fees
JAGS too

Considering other options but no long left to register

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now