Talk

Advanced search

Transport options to Henrietta Barnett

(12 Posts)
rako Mon 28-Aug-17 09:14:40

Hello All,

My DD is keen on joining HBS but my concern is on the transport to and from HBS. I am aware of a bus /shuttle option from Golders Green tube station , I wanted to know more options to getting to HBS i.e if there are any tube/train buddies from London waterloo.
I am interested in private bus shuttle /car share etc.
I am a bit worried about the commute and her safety on the tube .Please any suggestions/advice is much appreciated.
Thank you

OP’s posts: |
FanDabbyFloozy Mon 28-Aug-17 10:03:53

I believe there is a minibus option run by Air Fenella.

Where is your starting point?

Zodlebud Mon 28-Aug-17 13:48:41

Unless your daughter is a looked after child or allocated pupil premium as per their admissions criteria, then it would be highly unlikely she would get a place at HB if you live in the Waterloo area?

The school is wholly oversubscribed and their third admissions criteria is proximity to the school.

Dancergirl Tue 29-Aug-17 13:20:25

That's incorrect zodle Location does not play a part, girls who score highest in the entrance exam will be offered a place regardless of where they live.

rako do you live near Waterloo or further out?

Zodlebud Tue 29-Aug-17 17:24:16

Apologies - I misread the admissions criteria. Places are ranked by score. I only used to audit the school....grin

FanDabbyFloozy Tue 29-Aug-17 18:57:49

There are mini buses from Birmingham on the day of the exam, so definitely no distance criteria!

Puzzledmum Tue 29-Aug-17 23:09:42

Air Fenella picks up girls from all over London. Alternatively, Northern line from Waterloo and then bus H2 or 631 from Golders Green station or walk (15min).
There is no catchment area, hence the huge competition for a place. Good luck!

Clonakilty Tue 29-Aug-17 23:42:31

If you are in Waterloo, PLEASE don't consider HBS for your child. The commute would be beyond awful and you would only end up pulling her out of the school before the end of the year.
What about the Sutton grammars? Those would be more accessible for you. My DD goes by bus to a school only 4km away and she still leaves home at 7.30. The roads are very busy at that time of day.

Dancergirl Wed 30-Aug-17 10:05:54

I suspect the OP doesn't live in Waterloo but is considering a main line train to arrive in Waterloo from out in the sticks somewhere. Don't do it OP, the journey's much too far for an 11 year old.

loveka Wed 30-Aug-17 10:23:53

My god that journey would be a killer for a grown adult, let alone a child.

From Sutton you are looking ar a 1.5 hour journey door to door every day! Twice a day. In rush hour.

loveka Wed 30-Aug-17 10:25:40

Sorry, misread this and thought you lived in Sutton!

Aftab Mon 29-Jun-20 14:27:32

Hi am looking to send my dd to Henrietta Barnet. Travel from Watford. What are the school transport options - buses only and how much do they cost.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »