Talk

Advanced search

New secondary point scores

(4 Posts)
Feeeeee Mon 10-Jul-17 18:36:30

Hi have just had our new y7 induction meeting, they were talking about converting ks2 sats results into a point score ( think it's to do with with progress 8), just wondered if any secondary teachers on here could tell me a little more about it and how they convert the Ks2 scores. Thanks.

noblegiraffe Mon 10-Jul-17 21:09:10

We don't know for the new KS2 scores, it hasn't been figured out yet. They won't be needed for Progress 8 till 2021 so they've got a bit of time to mash something together.

It'll involve the KS2 scores for reading and maths only.

Feeeeee Tue 11-Jul-17 06:55:01

Hi noblegiraffe

Thanks for your reply, why does that not surprise me, how are schools going to predict gcse results? I currently have a y11 so understand these are only predictions but would be nice to have a bit of knowledge before my ds starts In September.
Thanks again.

noblegiraffe Tue 11-Jul-17 08:42:34

Schools predict GCSE results differently to the progress 8 calculations. They usually use a company called Fisher Family Trust to generate target grades from KS2 data. FFT have their own methods and have already generated GCSE target grades for current Y7 who have the new KS2 scores. These will be bobbins at the moment as we don't have any results for the new GCSEs but will be changed every year as the student goes up the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now