Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trinity school Croydon for SEN

(5 Posts)
M00MINMAMMA Sat 01-Jul-17 09:28:25

Hi all,

Ds is bright and doing well but dyspraxic. We went to look at Trinity and loved it but have heard rumours they are not great with SEN. Does anyone have any experience of what it's like for a ds who has motor planning issues (terrible at ball sports!) TIA

Karramaboo Sun 02-Jul-17 10:03:35

Bumping this as have a dyslexic but academic ds and also interested in this school. The registrar was kind of vague on the tour so not sure how good provision is although we loved it.

notatrinityparent Sun 02-Jul-17 16:05:21

This is a few years ago so things might have changed now but although Trinity offered ds a place they said we would have to forego his statement as it meant they would be under a legal obligation to provide the support detailed in the statement. This was in marked contrast to the approach of both Dulwich College and Whitgift both of which have been very supportive of ds and a couple of other boys I know with statements (now EHCPs). We didn't take up the place as it would have left ds with no protection and it also gave a worrying impression of how the school viewed pupils with difficulties.

Karramaboo Mon 03-Jul-17 20:19:51

Oh that's interesting notatrinityparent can I ask how many years ago it was? Ds doesn't have a statement/EHCP and I suppose his issues are relatively mild but he still needs help so if they're not great with SEN then that will be a deal breaker.

Wimbles101 Fri 07-Jul-17 22:32:03

This really surprises me - my DS is not statemented but has mild ADD - Trinity is actually known for its caring ethos - and also what most people notice straightaway about the school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now