Talk

Advanced search

Rumour going round on twitter that Edexcel Economics exam leaked today - is that just nonesense

(6 Posts)
dahliaaa Mon 19-Jun-17 19:20:04

Trying to reassure DD that it's very unlikely anyone able to get hold of paper but she has been reading messages saying that paper will either be cancelled or grade boundaries very high.

dahliaaa Mon 19-Jun-17 19:20:49

I CAN spell nonsense blush

noblegiraffe Mon 19-Jun-17 21:21:28

It appears to be true, someone posted a couple of question topics on thestudentroom before the exam start time as proof.

No idea what Edexcel will be able to do about this. I'm sorry, your poor DD doesn't need this stress.

dahliaaa Mon 19-Jun-17 21:36:34

Yes I did a bit of digging around and saw that noblegiraffe.
Apparently lots of people are messaging each other and worried about what will happen.
Obviously none of them had seen the paper but worried about implications.

noblegiraffe Tue 20-Jun-17 14:21:24

Edexcel are investigating and say they will ensure that no student will be advantaged or disadvantaged as a result. Not sure how they'll do that but I expect they'll be carefully comparing the marks for each student on the leaked paper to other other papers to look for unusual results.

www.tes.com/news/school-news/breaking-news/exam-board-edexcel-launches-investigation-alleged-leak-economics-a

dahliaaa Tue 20-Jun-17 15:23:30

Thanks noblegiraffe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now